The Cocktail Ponders of Miss Bella Rouge pt2
 

 
 
What an awesome few weeks I’ve had! Birthdays are the best, and i always somehow manage to spread mine over at least 4 days! I found myself a stable alocoholic plateau on the third night of drinking and was unable to push past it. Probably for the best.

Birthdays are not only great for the excuse of pure over-indulgance in all senses, but for the surprises! I received an awesome gadget called a 'Twist and Sparkle' this week, its a carbonator that makes almost anything fizzy! (Available at Lakeland) Naturally the first thing to go in here was half a bottle of Chilean Sauvignon which instantly turned into a liquid resembling a dreamy, slightly heavier Prosecco. SO GOOD! Do you think if i sneak it out with me to restaurants and make my own fizz they will really mind??? So this week will now be all about experimenting with fizz, the next venture will be a Mojito, or even our Mojito Royale (swap the champagne for dry white wine which will then fizz in the carboniser) then maybe a Sangria.... the possibilities are endless!

The boyfriend also bought me an incredible Vintage cocktail book which is full of old school boozy drinks and really interesting historical waffle :) Couldn’t think of anything better to be reading on a quiet night, or sat in a coffee shop. so naturally ive been going all vintage with my hair, and my drinks! Who doesnt love a Victory Roll!

 
Speaking of coffee…. I also received a Nespresso Espresso Machine for my birthday…. This gadget comes with a decadent array of 20 magical coffee flavours and blends to try, pop the capsual in, fill the back with water and press the button. Fresh hot espresso in a matter of seconds. Massive thanks to my brother and his mrs for this awesome gift. If we didn’t have a massive coffee machine in the bar already id be using a Nespresso machine for sure. Id like to spend an afternoon sampling the different blends to see which works best with our Stoli Original and the Illyquore that we use in our Espresso Martinis, although our current 60% Arabica 40% Robusta works very well. I took a trip to Jika Jika Coffee House and Bar in Bath this week, drank lots of coffee and got chatting to the staff who let me try their Espresso Martini made with their house 50% Honduras and 50% Nicaragua and a touch of vanilla. Super nice, but a little too sweet for me

 

Don’t judge me but im totally buzzing for Christmas! As soon as the temperature slightly dropped I was all over it, a good thing really as September is the time where xmas and new year mode have to kick in at work to ensure the success of the festive season. It got me thinking of fun Christmas and new years drink ideas so naturally ive bought a 2L Oak Barell that’s coming over from turkey in a few weeks time!

Im currently looking at fun recipes of oak aged cocktails and things that I can mix and marry in our Barell of delights! Im thinking of going down the winter pimms, dark treacle like rum route, Jamacian Punch or going outside the box and making a classic Rob Roy or even a Martinez….
Anyone out there who has done this before or something similar any hints and tips will be greatly received. I’ve done a little reading and apparently it was Tony Conigliaro from London’s Colebrooke Row who first thought about ageing drinks and cocktails. This fits in well with Circo’s New Years eve theme this year of ‘Britannia’ and celebrating all things British, so it only seems fitting we make drinks with a profound Biritish heritage. Ive taken a little inspiration from the guys at Master Of Malt (.com) after seeing their kitsch pre made bottled cocktails. One of my favourites….


who doesn’t like a bit of Hanky Panky! ;)

I am really looking forward to getting stuck into making some fun things and reaping the benefits of some seriously good tasting liquid!

With regards to the Rhuby (Sweedish Rhubarb liqueur) competition I last blogged about, I have now enterd the competition with my hilarious video entry with a cocktail I named the ‘Autumnus’. Would attatch the video but its in two parts and no one can be bothered with that.

Ingredients for the Autumnus

37.5ml Rhuby

5ml Fernet Branca

5ml Cherry Marnier

15ml Dark Agave

25ml Lemon Juice

Dash of Fee Brothers Rhubarb Bitters

Garnish with 2 dried Lavender sprigs

Shake all ingredients and double strain in to a chilled martini glass.

The one thing I actually really like about Rhuby is that its scent is very plain and almost vodka like, but the taste is sensational, sweet and potent….lush!

Along with all this we have Rusty Egan from Visage coming to DJ this Saturday…guaranteed to be a blast! And at the end of October its our 1st Birthday!!!! Need to start thinking of a Circo Signature drink to go along with the evening. We will be boasting 7 local Dj’s that night in a 7 hour mixing extravaganza (Cocktails and Music!) Cant Wait…
Ive also been vintage painting some tea sets i found in a charity shop for £12! im pretty pleased with the outcome so far...pics to follow! Classic sky blue and powder pink stripes..the teapot resembles a classic Big top tent...awesome!
Well thats all about that then!
 
Till next time, Toodles x B

Comments